Don’t be fooled. The status quo is delusional. When it comes to what really matters, what you feel in your marrow is usually right. And on this note, hippies aren’t really “hippies.” That’s just what we’ve been called to disenfranchise us from sanity and to promote the misdeeds of the fake world powers.
Everyone, really, is a hippie, just beneath whatever very recent modern disguises we’ve taken on. For each of us, by the mere fact of waking and walking, on some level loves trees for their oxygen they give, the sun and soil for our food, the rain and rivers for our water. It’s just that hippies are more conscious of these facts, more gracious and therefore (more) stewarding of all that makes us whole.
In truth, we are the true CEOs of our planet’s future, not the current psychos in charge. Because money is useless with nothing to buy, no plants or millions of other species left to love and fascinate, nurture and support us. The new currency is wholeheartedness, justice, courage, and respect — as it always has been.
So, to all you hippies out there, it’s time to own up to who we are; we are the ones we have been waiting for. We are the gold. There is no better than the simple, big-hearted, caring, and generous. Here’s why:
11 REASONS WHY HIPPIES (NOT PSYCHOS) SHOULD RULE THE WORLD
1) We sit under, lie under, wrap our arms around, and feel praise in the presence of trees and other non-humans, sharing our love with the most loving things on the planet.
2) We sit around more than others — helping slow down the mad rush to the end — and have the kinds of conversations that the stars, daffodils, and the moon enjoy.
3) We wear clothes with holes and stains and it’s okay. In fact, it’s more than okay because it slows capitalism, the great Earth-crusher.
4) Bathing in natural waters, we save water, give enjoyment to and offer amusement to fish and other harmless underwater creatures.
5) Not buying or wearing toxic fragrances in their millions of incarnations, we bless the things we meet and touch, and smell better to the non-human things around us. How would you like it if someone washed off their Tide in your aquarium?
6) Growing our own organic food — at least some — we deprive toxic agriculture and GMO food-stuff pushers what matters most to them. And we make compost while enjoying the sanctuary of a garden. All this is quadruple pleasure. ‘Nuff said.
7) By living simply, with less to maintain, we make more time to enjoy and celebrate, as well as fight for, what really matters.
8) Hitch-hiking, and discerningly picking up hitch-hikers, saves gas and can promote spontaneous, unexpected enchantments (when they smell good), and helpful “interruptions” to our plans.
9) Making art, that feels like it comes from a larger place than what we consider ourselves, helps connect us to body of the universe, which helps us notice and celebrate so much more of what nurtures and supports us!
10) Protesting, pontificating, and propounding our protection for what we love helps everything get by a little better with our help.
11) Donning some burs, bees, and bits of branches in our hair and on our bodies reminds us all of that to which we are part and hold sacred… which seems all but forgotten on most modern humans which is a big reason our ship is sinking.
PEACE OUT, AND KEEP ADORING THE EARTH WITH WILD ABANDON!
Thanks to Sociedelic for this article