One of the most effective and most popular exercises around the world. It affects the abs, but also the muscles of the entire body. Always give it 5 minutes a day and you will be surprised by the results.
The essence of this exercise is to “float” above the floor for several minutes, at least once a day, relying only on the hands and feet. Undoubtedly, remaining in this position for 2-5 minutes is not an easy task.
At this point a large number of muscles are activated. As a result of the exercise, you will have a strong back, tight butt with no cellulite, shaped legs, flat stomach and beautiful hands.
How To Exercise The “Plank”
“Plank” is a static exercise, it does not require any movement. Therefore, it is very important to position your body properly.
Lie on the floor on your stomach down. Bend your elbows 90 degrees and set in the lying position on your elbows. The body should form a straight line from head to heels. Rely only on your forearms and the fingertips on your feet. The elbows should be directly under your shoulders. Keep your body as flat as possible, strain the abdominal muscles and do not relax. Try not to lower your hips toward the floor.
- Feet. Assemble them. It will be difficult to keep the balance that will increase pressure on the abdominal muscles.
- Legs. They should be straight and tight, otherwise, the pressure in the right abdominal muscle, which reserves the lumbar spine, will also be reduced.
- Buttocks. Stretch and do not relax until the end of the exercise, as this increases the activation of all muscles of the lower torso.
- Lower back. The most important moment. For proper execution of the exercise, your lower back should be flat. This means that it must not be curved or dented. Imagine that your back adheres tightly to the wall.
- Stomach. Bring it in, and in such a position, try to even tuck it under the ribs. During the exercise hold your stomach in such a position, but do not hold your breath.
- Elbows. To avoid unnecessary burden on your shoulders, put your elbows directly below the shoulder joints.
Hold this position as long as you can. To begin with, is enough for 10 seconds. As a rule, people with different physical readiness maintain this posture for 10 seconds to 2 minutes. After a break of 2 minutes, repeat the exercise. 5 repetitions will be enough. If you are a beginner, do not try to break the record, start slowly.
It is very important to do this exercise daily, preferably at the same time.
The Benefits Of The “Plank” Exercise
- Toned buttocks. The exercise is focused on the gluteal muscles and hamstrings legs. So not only will you get the desired shape of the buttocks, but the cellulite will be gone also.
- Strong back. During the exercise, the lower back muscles are active, also the shoulders and the neck part. So, this exercise can serve as prevention for osteochondrosis in neck and lumbar spine. In addition, frees the pain in the shoulders and between the shoulder blades, which occurs as a result of carrying heavy bags or long sitting at a desk.
- Tight attractive feet. The main burden of the exercise falls on the feet. It includes all the leg muscles – from hip to the leaves. There is no room for concern if you feel a burning sensation in your muscles – it is a sign that the muscles work.
- Stretched hands. It is quite obvious that together with the feet in this exercise, you are intensively training the hands. Half of the body weight is held on them.
- Flat stomach. When the whole body is tense, it automatically trigger abdominal muscles, to the bottom, and side.
Credits: Healthy Food Team